We have moved to a new site! This page will redirect you in 5 seconds. If it doesn't, click here!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hayden's First Birthday train collection

My my son just turned one and i have been planning and designing his party since he was born. I started designing my Train collection just for his first birthday.   I picked my favorite boy colors and put them all together to make one really cute train collection.  hope you enjoy all the pictures. You can purchase my train collection HERE


 For the backdrop I went to Joann Fabrics and bought solid navy fabric, which made the banner colors really pop!

I bought the train cookie cutter at thecookiecuttershop.com 
I used favor straws from thepartyfairy.etsy.com for the marshmallow pops’ sticks .  I purchased the jumbo marshmallows at my local grocery store and dipped them in white chocolate which I colored to match his party

This was my 3rd cake I have made and it turned out really cute  and super easy. I just covered the cake with white fondant  then I  colored the fondant to match  3 of my colors. I used a small round cookie cutter and cut out the polka dots. Super super easy, I used a little water to apply the dots.   And the best part was the train topper. i am not an artist so i had no idea how to make a train topper. then it came to me I had a 3.5 in. Train cookie cutter I had bought to make train cookies. I just rolled out my fondant as thick as the cookie cutter and cut it out.  Then i used my left over colors and added some detail on top to give the train some other colors. So easy!
this is my favorite cake plate i use it alot and just change the ribbon colors. I bought this at http://www.2chicchicks.com





 I purchased the apothecary candy jars at my local Michaels store with my 40% off coupons which made them only $12.00 each!!






I made this ribbon topiary. I was alot of fun but it took me a long time to finish.  I think if i ever made this again I would not do the ribbon so tight / close together as it looks really neat but it took way more ribbon than i thought and a whole lot more time.  I would still look really good with bigger loops. Ribbon topiary tutorial coming soon!!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome and happy birthday to your son. How wonderful all the things you made and how beutiful the collors. Well done

    ReplyDelete